Do students need to have parental permission to visit the health center?

Parents or legal guardians must sign consent forms for their children to receive care. However, under Idaho law, all students can seek emergency medical care; diagnosis and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV; examination for physical or sexual abuse; and substance abuse counseling, confidentially and without parental consent. Counseling is provided to students receiving these services, including guidance in discussing health concerns with parents whenever appropriate.

Posted in .