Kroc RX is a new and innovative collaboration between Heritage Health and the Salvation Army Kroc Center. This medical exercise program helps patients with pre-diabetes, diabetes, depression, chronic pain or anxiety get a different kind of prescription; one that includes nutrition and exercise at The Kroc Center.
About the Program
Kroc Rx is a Heritage Health program for those ranging in ages 14 & older and would benefit from exercise, but need guidance developing a routine that meets their unique needs.
Participants in the program will:
- Meet with Heritage Health to determine a wellness plan.
- Receive assistance from Kroc Rx Coaches.
- Exercise independently and in a group setting. Exercise options include: water exercise, treadmill, walking track, stationary bicycle, weights, and more.
- Attend Kroc ActiveTrax Nutrition Orientation Workshop.
In the Kroc Rx program, participants will be required to exercise at least three times per week for a minimum of eight weeks. For the first month, patients will meet a provider at The Kroc Center every week. At the end of the eight weeks, participants can expect to experience:
- Weight Loss
- Improved Aerobic Capacity
- Increased Endurance
- Improved Quality of Life
- Reduction in Chronic Pain Symptoms
- Reduction in Anxiety & Depression
Benefits of a Continuous Routine:
The second month, they will have bi-weekly appointments. These appointments are regular office visits, scheduled by Heritage Health, but take place at the Kroc Center. Although participants most likely will experience improved health at the conclusion of the 2-month program, the real health benefits will come from staying with the routine for months to follow.
Benefits include continued management of:
- Weight Loss
- Chronic Pain
- Other Chronic Conditions
- Two month Kroc Center membership ($30/month, total $60)
- For patients not on Medicare, regular office visit charges will apply
- Medicare weight loss patients (Medicare with BMI >30) will NOT have a copay for any Kroc Center visit
Following the completion of the program, the Kroc Center will offer participants continued regular membership with NO initiation fee. Some individuals may also qualify for the Kroc Scholarship program – see a Kroc employee for details, or visit their website.